Presented in Japanese, Sachiyo Yamada Miller discusses the challenges of Japanese companies seeking to conduct business in the U.S., and Japanese companies who have been conducting business in the U.S. for many years and often find U.S. employment laws to be complex and confusing.
This Japanese-language webinar will provide:
- A basic primer on key federal and state employment laws;
- A review of important California laws affecting Japanese-subsidiaries;
- An update on sexual harassment, the #MeToo Movement, and power harassment;
- Tips for Japanese-expatriates traveling to and/or already working in the U.S.;
- A review of employment trends and expectations for the future.
Sachiyo is an attorney in Masuda Funai’s California office, specializing in employment law. Sachiyo obtaining a college degree in Japan and, after having worked for a semiconductor and communication devices manufacturer in Nagoya, Japan, moved to the U.S. where she obtained her law license. Sachiyo understands Japanese business culture and etiquette. Because of her extensive exposure to both Japanese and U.S. cultures, Sachiyo effectively communicates legal solutions to Japanese parent companies and their U.S. subsidiaries.
Webinar and Materials Will Be Presented in Japanese.
Questions? Please contact Renee Medema at email@example.com or 312.245.7500.