Presented in Japanese, Sachiyo Yamada Miller discusses the challenges of Japanese companies seeking to conduct business in the U.S., and Japanese companies who have been conducting business in the U.S. for many years and often find U.S. employment laws to be complex and confusing.
Topics of this Japanese-language webinar include:
- What are the preliminary considerations before terminating an employee?
- What are the termination protocols?
- What are additional considerations in employee termination?
- What are the preliminary considerations before conducting layoffs and other reductions in force?
- What are the preliminary considerations for sponsored foreign employees?
Sachiyo is an attorney in Masuda Funai’s California office, specializing in employment law. Sachiyo obtained a college degree in Japan and, after having worked for a semiconductor and communication devices manufacturer in Nagoya, Japan, moved to the U.S. where she obtained her law license. Sachiyo understands Japanese business culture and etiquette. Because of her extensive exposure to both Japanese and U.S. cultures, Sachiyo effectively communicates legal solutions to Japanese parent companies and their U.S. subsidiaries.
Webinar and Materials Will Be Presented in Japanese.
Questions? Please contact Renee Medema at email@example.com or 312.245.7500.