Vice Chair of Masuda Funai's Immigration Practice Group, Eldon H. Kakuda, will be speaking at a seminar presented by the Illinois State Bar Association's Labor and Employment Law Section and approved for 3.0 MCLE credit hours. Titled, Meet the Agencies: Practical Guidelines for Employment and Labor Law from Federal and State Governments, the seminar will feature representatives and legal counsel from various government departments.
Thursday, November 15, 2007
9:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
ISBA Regional Office
20 S. Clark Street, Suite 900
Chicago, IL 60603
- Immigration & Customs Enforcement/Social Security Administration: No-Match Letters
- U.S. Department of Labor: Wage and Hour Investigations
- U.S. Department of Labor: Family & Medical Leave Act
- Illinois Department of Human Rights: Amendments to the Act
- Illinois Department of Labor: Wage and Hour Investigations
- Illinois Department of Employment Security
Mr. Kakuda will lead with a presentation on immigration problems being addressed by the Social Security Administration and Immigration and Customs Enforcement Division ("ICE"), federal proposed regulations issued by ICE, and suggestions as to what employers and attorneys should do to comply with the proposed regulations.
For the full list of speakers or to register for this event, please click on the following link: